Wednesday, December 1, 2010

365 days of photography - a letter to myself

You've seen many 365 day photography challenges, journals, etc. in the past. Always thought they were a cool idea, but lamented at the notion of maybe having to settle for a "boring" image or not getting anything at all if you were to helm one of these things.

I'm taking a leap. It's going to be a journey. It's what I want and what you need in our life right now.

More so than ever I've been considering the future in photography. I've been grinding out all the details of doing this for a living, but before I've even started, I've found myself hitting a common pitfall of photographers. I've forgotten to go out there and shoot.

As a reminder: it's about exploration and excitement and growth. Sometimes it's going to be about needing to find something special out there, or maybe making something ordinary, special. Sometimes it will mean just photographing something, even if typically my mind doesn't actually care about it. These are the things I want out of this.

So, to those others out there, feel free to join me by partaking in one yourself or in simply following along with the photoblog. This will be my year. Seeing the year through the lens, and counter-intuitively seeing the world, maybe for the first time.

Sincerely, Bryan Cooper

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so so proud of you for doing this. :D I think this is exactly what you need to re-inspire yourself and get back out there.

I can't wait to see what you will come up with. <3